‘Tis the season to be creative and this festive DIY centerpiece is a perfect way to start!
Lifestyle expert Andrea Metcalf has a fun and easy step-by-step idea for making your own DIY pinecone centerpiece. Wow your holiday party guests with this gorgeous and festive decoration. This is a perfect project for your kids too!
Head to your nearest forest or nature preserve, take a nice walk with your kids, and gather up some pinecones. Get ready to create this amazing centerpiece! Make a few for the different tables in your house!
What You’ll Need
- A foam form in the shape of a tree. You can buy this at any craft store.
- Pinecones. Feel free to buy these at a craft store but the fun part is going outside with your family to gather them!
- Brown paper.
- Hot glue gun. Parents should be in charge of this part!
- Cranberries for a little color.
- Add glue to the back of the paper.
- Wrap the paper around the foam tree.
- Cut off the extra and add to any bare areas.
- Begin gluing the pinecones to the tree, starting at the bottom.
- Glue some cranberries to the pinecones to give it a touch of color.
- Let dry and get ready to flaunt your new pinecone centerpiece!