Skip the salon and do this simple nail art design at home!
Looking for a simple yet cute nail art design you can do at home? Try this DIY polka dot nail art design! This is a perfect design for any time of the year. Perfect for summer, spring, Christmas and even Halloween! Do you always struggle with making the perfect dots? Try using a dotting tool, toothpick or an old pen! For this design, we used an old pen and it created flawless polka dots. When you make polka dot nail art, there’s no limit! Use two colors, multiple colors or neon colors! Here’s how to create DIY polka dot nail art.
What You’ll Need
- A base coat
- A topcoat
- Two colors of nail polish. We recommend white and hot pink for this design!
- A dotting tool, toothpick or even an old pen
- Prep your nails by removing any excess nail polish and file your nails.
- Apply a base coat.
- Apply a first coat of your nail polish, in this case, white. Let dry.
- Apply the second coat.
- To really make a statement, paint all your nails except your ring finger white. Paint your ring finger hot pink.
- Use a dotting tool, toothpick or old pen for the polka dots. You can buy a dotting tool at any beauty supply store or you can use a toothpick. Do you have an old pen lying around? We used an old pen for this design. It works great and is ergonomic for your hand.
- Dip your dotting tool into your hot pink nail polish and make small and large dots all over the nail bed. Continue this on all nails.
- Dip your dotting tool into your white nail polish and make polka dots on your ring finger. Let nails dry.
- Apply your topcoat and you are ready to go with a cute DIY polka dot nail art design!