Pomegranate juice is tasty and good for you. When you mix it with a little sugar and water, you can make a simply sweet pomegranate syrup that is perfect for adding to sparkling water for a yummy, refreshing soda! If you’re looking for a fast and inexpensive gift idea for the holidays, try this pom syrup!
What You’ll Need
- 1-1/2 cups of sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- ¾ cup of pomegranate juice
- Glass bottles
- Gift tags
1. Add water and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Continuously stir.
3. Once it reaches to a boil and the sugar dissolves, lower the heat and gently boil for another 5 minutes.
4. Continuously stir.
5. Stir in the pomegranate juice and let cool.
6. Once cool, pour into glass bottles.
7. On the front of your gift tag, write “Simply Sweet Pomegranate Syrup.”
8. On the back of the tag, write the directions for making a pomegranate soda using the syrup: “Add ice cubes to a large glass and add 2 tablespoons of the syrup. Pour in sparkling water and enjoy! Keep refrigerated.”
9. Tie the tag around the neck of the bottle using raffia or ribbon.
Photo Credit: April Schallau