Create these delicious treats for your World Cup celebration.
Finish off that World Cup party with these delicious Soccer Ball Cupcakes! Easy to put together and fun to make, these cupcakes will be perfect for your celebration. Take time with the kids before the party to put together these two different types of cupcakes.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 2 eggs, large
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. of baking soda
- ¾ tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter and semi-sweet baking chocolate together in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and granulated sugar until smooth. Add the cooled butter/chocolate and whisk as well. Once mixed well, add half of the flour mixture along with half of the buttermilk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue stirring. The batter will be thick.
- Divide the batter into 12 cupcakes. Bake for 18 minutes. Do not frost or decorate until completely cooled.
Soccer Field Cupcakes:
- White frosting
- Green food dye
- Green Sprinkles
- Soccer Ball wrapped round candies
Dye the white frosting with a few drops of green food dye. Try to have the green match the same green of the sprinkles. Frost the cupcakes. Add the sprinkles to the cupcakes and top with a few soccer-ball wrapped chocolate candies!
Soccer Ball Cupcakes:
- White Frosting
- Black gel icing
Frost the cupcakes with the white frosting. Make sure to buy black gel icing that is easy to apply, like using a pen. Draw out a soccer ball using the icing. Be sure to fill in a few hexagons with the icing as well.