Jazz up your tired old lotion with this refreshing lemon infused recipe!
Lotion works great on its own but when you add fresh lemon juice and a dash of olive oil, you’ll have a moisturizing machine that penetrates deep into skin to nourish and refresh! This is a fast, cheap and easy way to supercharge your everyday lotion. Perfect as a gift or as an addition to your daily beauty routine.
Lemons have fantastic benefits for skin such as reducing acne, diminishing scars and age spots and even serves as a skin brightener. Olive oil is a savior since it helps defend against harmful UV rays from the sun, protects nails and cuticles and even serves as a skin exfoliator.
What You’ll Need
- Small mason jar
- 2 fresh lemons, squeezed
- Bottle of ordinary lotion. I recommend cocoa butter because on its own, it already has plenty of skin benefits such as a reducing the appearance of stretch marks and it serves as a skin healer.
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Squeeze out the cocoa butter from the tube into a small bowl.
- Pour in your olive oil.
- Slice up your two lemons and squeeze into bowl.
- Mix well. Some people like thicker lotion and others like it a little thinner; depending on your preference, add in more lotion or oil and lemons.
- Pour into a mason jar and give us a gift or nourish your own skin!
- Keep refrigerated since it contains fresh lemon juice.
- Let sit a few minutes until it gets to room temperature before use or use a cold cream. Cold creams are totally uplifting for your skin and will instantly wake it up!
- This recipe is perfect for those areas that get super dry like hands, feet and elbows. Add a little to your face at night for amazing benefits!
Photo Credit: April Schallau