The fastest and easiest way to have a little taste of southern comfort at home!
Skip waking up early and heading to the breakfast diner. This easy biscuits and sausage gravy recipe brings the southern favorite dish right to your table! There’s nothing tastier than some home-style gravy and it’s so easy to make.
Make this dish even simpler by buying refrigerated cans of buttermilk biscuits that you can just pop in the oven. It only takes 15-20 minutes to whip together and when done, you have a hearty meal that will keep everyone full!
You can also make the biscuits the night before so when you wake up, all you have to make is the super easy sausage and gravy!
- 1 can of your favorite refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 package of your favorite breakfast sausage
- ¼ cup of flour
- 2-1/2 cups of milk. Use skim milk to knock off some of the calories and fat.
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Bake your biscuits according to package directions.
- While those are getting nice and golden brown, empty your package of breakfast sausage into a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- In a separate saucepan, stir in flour and milk.
- Cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in your sausage and mix well.
- When your biscuits are ready, split two biscuits in half and lay 4 slices on a plate.
- Pour your desired amount of sausage gravy on top of your biscuits and enjoy!
This is one of our favorite southern comfort foods at home. What’s your favorite to make?