Meal time can be daunting especially for dads!
There are approximately 214,000 fathers that are now stay-at-home dads who are preparing family dinner. An easy to use site www.emeals.com, helps make meal planning easy with recipes.
Julie Gunter, eMeals menu editor, shares an easy and healthy breakfast meal any dad can make.
Natural and Organic Bacon Cornmeal Pancakes
• 2 cups self-rising yellow cornmeal mix
• 2 large eggs
• 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
• ¼ cup white-whole wheat flour (or sub all-purpose flour)
• ¼ cup sugar
• 6 slices center-cut bacon
• 1⅓ cups buttermilk
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• Pure maple syrup
1. Combine cornmeal mix, flour, and sugar in a medium bowl.
2. Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, 4 tablespoons oil and vanilla in another bowl.
3. Add to cornmeal mixture, stirring until blended.
4. Stir in crumbled bacon.
5. Brush a large nonstick skillet with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; heat over medium heat.
6. Pour about ⅓ cup batter onto hot skillet for each pancake.
7. Cook until tops are covered with bubbles.
8. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
9. Serve with syrup.
10. Garnish with additional bacon, if desired.