A delicious treat that's easy enough to make...and eat!
There is no occasion necessary to have a nice chocolate pie in the house! Are you looking for an easy chocolate pie recipe? The ingredients are so simple you’ll probably have almost all the ingredients in your house already. Give this easy chocolate pie recipe a try and taste just how creamy the chocolate is and see just how simple the directions are!
- 1 baked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/4 cups water
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of baking cocoa
- ¼ cup of flour
- Pinch of salt
- Bake the pastry shell. Directions vary by brand. Let cool.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, and salt in a large saucepan and gradually add the water.
- Cook and stir on medium heat until it comes to a boil. Continue to cook and stir for about 2 minutes or until the ingredients thicken.
- Remove from the heat and pour in vanilla and butter.
- Once mixed, pour into shell. Put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before slicing.
- When you are ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles!
The easy recipe for chocolate pie is perfect to make the night before you have guests over. You just keep the chocolate pie in the fridge all night and day and serve it when it’s time to indulge!