Do you and your family love doughnuts, but don't want to leave your cozy home on the weekends and go out and pick them up? Did you know doughnuts are surprisingly easy and cost-effective to make, especially with this recipe.
Kids will love helping decorate the doughnuts and they also make a great option to bring to a family brunch or get-together for the holidays. Most important tool in this recipe is a doughnut pan, so why not pick one up to start the season?
- Cooking spray
- Doughnut pan
- 2 cups of cake flour, sifted
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of buttermilk. Use either store-bought or make your own
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Chocolate or vanilla treat glaze
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- As that’s heating, spray your doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder and nutmeg.
- Add the salt, eggs, buttermilk and butter.
- Beat until just combined and fill each cavity of the pan about 2/3 of the way with mixture.
- Bake about 7-9 minutes.
- Let doughnuts cool completely before you start glazing them.
- Melt your treat glaze in the microwave until desired consistency.
- Spread over tops of doughnuts and while still wet, shake your sprinkles on top.
Doesn't this look delicious? Enjoy homemade doughnuts this holiday season!