A cheesy family favorite perfect as a meal or side dish!
There’s nothing better than macaroni and cheese. Whether it’s from a box or homemade, it’s a favorite amongst kids and adults. This mac and cheese casserole is made from scratch, so you know it’s going to be delicious!
It can be served as a hearty meal or as a tasty side dish. It serves 4-6 so it’s a fantastic option for parties! It only takes minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to bake, so moms, have no fear, a fabulous dinner can still be made after a long day at work!
Make this new family favorite your own; use different types of cheeses or different meats in the casserole. Check out this step-by-step tutorial for an inexpensive yet hearty meal!
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½cups of milk
- 12-ounce package macaroni, cooked
- 8-ounce package shredded cheddar cheese. *Add a little more if you’re looking for an extra cheesy dish!
- 2 cups cooked cubed ham. *For this, you can go to your deli counter and ask for ½ inch thick slices of ham and cube it fresh yourself!
- ¾ cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your macaroni until el dente and drain.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs and milk with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked macaroni, cheese and cubed ham.
- Spray a 7x11-inch baking dish and spoon macaroni mixture into dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Serve as a main dish with veggies or as a side dish! It’s also great to reheat the next day or just snack on as cold pasta. Enjoy!
Photo Credit: April Schallau