More Fresh and Easy Summertime Salads for Busy Moms.
Thank you to those who sent me their favourite summer salad recipes! Here are a few of them for you to try – They are delicious, quick and easy -- I hope you enjoy them!
Fruity Nutty Salad
This recipe is so good! The only fiddly part is the caramelized walnuts (just takes a little extra time) but that can be done ahead of time and it is so worth the effort! The recipe makes a big salad, so depending on how many people you are serving, you may want to cut the recipe in half.
Fruity Nutty Salad Ingredients
- Large bowl of your favourite mixed greens
- 1/2 cup red onions, sliced
- 4 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 4 oz cranberries (dried)
- 4 oz caramelized walnuts (if making your own, put 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup water, 1 tspn vanilla and 1 lb of walnuts in a large saucepan – stir and simmer until caramelized. Cool and chop).
- Toss all ingredients together, and drizzle with the dressing.
Fruity Nutty Salad Dressing Recipe
- 2 tbsp garlic (crushed or minced)
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
Marinated Asparagus Salad
I admit I have not tried this one myself yet, but the person who gave me the recipe says it is absulutely amazing for any asparagas lover!
1 lb of asparagus spears – cooked until tender crisp. Place in a shallow dish. Combine:
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tbsp tarragon or wine vinegar
- 1/4 tspn basil
- 1/8 tspn oregano
- 1/8 tspn pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Pour dressing mixture over asparagus. Cover & chill overnight. To serve, drain and place on a bed of lettuce.
Old-Fashioned Bean Salad Recipe
This recipe reminds me of picnics when I was a kid. Bean salad was always one of my mom's favourites.
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans
- 15 oz can of pinto or kidney beans
- 15 oz can of green beans
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients and mix. Cover and chill overnight. Drain before serving.
Enjoy! Remember to send me your favourite recipes too. You can visit my website at www.maternitycorner.com