Julie Morris is the Super Foods queen. She takes fresh ingredients that might be intimidating to some and makes the most amazing nutrient dense foods. Her mission is simple: to share recipes and nutrition tips that make a vibrantly healthy lifestyle both easy to achieve and delicious to follow.
Here's a recipe you'll love!
Chocolate Cherry Goji Bars
- 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup dried Navitas Naturals Goji Berries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons Navitas Naturals Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon Hawaiian spirulina powder
- In a food processor combine walnuts and almonds, and process into the size of small gravel.
- Add dates, goji berries, vanilla extract, and cinnamon powder, and process until the mixture forms clumps and begins to stick together.
- Add cherries and cacao nibs and process briefly to incorporate the ingredients, but leave some small chunks for texture.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of plastic wrap on a cutting board.
- Press dough into a compact rectangle, then wrap it tightly in the plastic, compacting it even more. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 1/2 -inch-thick layer.
- Unwrap dough and cut into bars or bites as desired.
- Energy bars will last several weeks unrefrigerated and covered, or keep them in the freezer for long-term storage.
Yield: 8 bars / 8 servings
Julie Morris is a Los Angeles-based natural foods chef, on-camera personality, and New York Times best-selling cookbook author. An internationally-known pioneer in cooking with superfoods, Julie is a recipe developer and consultant for cutting-edge health companies and restaurants. Her four books – Superfood Kitchen, Superfood Smoothies, Superfood Juices and NEW Superfood Snacks – have been published in nine languages, and are revolutionizing the way people think about a healthy lifestyle all around the globe … showcasing how to use the world’s most beneficial foods to create beautiful recipes that feel as good as they taste.