Here's a fun way to switch up the traditional ham and egg breakfast staple!
We are all aware breakfast is an important meal of the day. However, scrambled eggs and toast can get old really fast. Since most people are rushed to make a healthy breakfast in the morning, it's hard to make meals that aren't boring. Well, this egg in ham cup recipe is quick and adds a unique twist to your typical ham and egg breakfast!
Egg in Ham Cup Ingredients
- Muffin or cupcake pan
- Shredded cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella)
- Ham slices (I used packaged deli ham)
- Vegetables of your chocie (I used green pepper)
1. First, set the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line your muffin or cupcake pan with a slice of ham. It doesnt settle in there perfectly, but just make sure there's enough room to crack an egg.
3. Add a pinch of shredded cheese in the ham cup BEFORE cracking the egg.
4. Crack an egg and add one in each ham cup.
5. Add veggies on top. Then, top each egg with another pinch of cheese.
6. Cook in oven for 15 minutes.
7. Remove, and let it sit for about a minute. Then, take each ham cup out and put them on a plate.
If you want to add a little kick to the recipe, you can add salsa on top.
This recipe is super simple and fun. It's a great alternative to any typical breakfast routine and it tastes great. Enjoy!