Cellulite may be one of the most dreaded words in the English language. For many women, those unwanted bumps are most likely to accumulate on our backsides.
Most experts agree that a combination of high-intensity circuit-training sessions and strength training. If you get into a routine, completing these exercises 2-5 times a week, you can see results in as soon as one month. Here are a few simple, easy exercise tips to help reduce or eliminate your cellulite altogether.
- Stand with your feet hips-width apart and about a 5 lb. weight in each hand. (Weight can be less or more depending on your comfort and ability).
- Take a step behind you so that both knees are bent at 90 degrees. Hold pose for 3 seconds. Return to starting position.
- Repeat with your left leg. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
Single-Leg Hip Raise
- Lie on the floor with your left knee bent and your right leg straight, foot pointing directly ahead. Strengthen your core as though in plank pose and hold throughout this move.
- Raise your hips to form your body into a straight line from shoulder to knee. Hold for 3 seconds.
- Lower your body and repeat with left leg straight. Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
- Stand with your feet hips-width apart. Trying to keep your weight in your heels, lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Make sure to keep your back straight.
- Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
These exercises are a great start to reducing the appearance of cellulite on your thighs and glutes. Remember that a healthy diet is also an important part of reducing fat build-up. Spending more time on simple cardio exercises can also help work these trouble areas. Doing short sprints or taking the stairs also target the muscles on your backside.