New Years Eve is closer than you think. Planning on playing any New Year's Eve games? Here are some that will have you laughing through 2014!
New Years Eve is a time of celebrating and, of course, reflecting on the past year. Many of us will hit New Year's Eve parties, but there is more to do then just eat and drink! There are plenty of fun New Year's Eve games you can play as you ring in the New Year.
If you are hosting a New Year's Eve party this year, here are five highly recommended New Year's Eve party games that you can play. Have fun!
Five New Year's Eve Games
- Charades: Instead of the traditional charades game, put a New Year's Eve spin on it by acting out a popular movie that took place in 2013, a popular song from the era, or even a book. Split your group into two teams and decide the duration of the round. Each team should write the names of significant things that happened in 2013 on a small sheet of paper. Then both teams put their charade ideas in their New Year's Eve - themed hats. The first team picks an idea out of the other team's hat. They then act out the idea and their partner has to guess what they are acting out. If no one guesses in the time allotted, no point is earned and it is the other team's turn.
- Belly Dance Competition: Women judge the men on this one. Provide scarves and exotic music. The men can pull their shirts up and use the scarves seductively. All men line up at the same time to be judged, or one at a time for 30-45 seconds. Have prizes ready for the "sexiest," "most creative," or whatever titles you come up with.
- The Cherry Game: Find two guests that like cherries, then put a maraschino cherry in a bowl before them. The guests must race to see who can eat the cherry first. But there are rules: they cannot use their hands. The kicker is that you will top the cherry with whipped cream filled to the top of the bowl. Whoever gets the cherry wins! Take pictures for this one!
- Two Truths and a Lie: Seat your guests in a circle and begin with one guest. That guest should tell two truths about him or herself, and one lie. It is up to the rest of the group to determine what is the lie. This is an excellent way to get to know someone and have a good laugh! When that person is done, move onto the next person in the group.
- Bouncing Ball Drinking Game: Have your guests sit in a circle, drinks in hand. Pretend you have an imaginary ball. One guest will start by saying, either "bounce," "whiz," or "boing." Bounce means the ball skips over the next player and it's that player's turn. Whiz means the ball goes to the next player. Boing means the ball bounces off the wall and changes direction. If anyone makes a mistake, they have to take a drink. Make sure that there is a designated driver if you play this game!