We all have those few (or more) pounds we would like to lose.
But going on a crash diet is not fun and also not sustainable. If you’re looking to shed a few pounds, there are some simple ways to cut calories throughout your day that won’t leave you feeling starved or deprived. Here are five ways to easily cut a few calories!
5 Ways to Cut Calories
1. Swap your 200-calorie latte for an Americano with zero calorie sweetener. This drink may not be as indulgent, but it’ll wake you up just the same and still provide the sweetness you crave without the calories. If you are concerned about artificial sweeteners, there are now all-natural zero calorie sweeteners you can try as well.
2. Use mustard instead of mayo on your sandwich. If you’re like me and love carbs and don’t want to give up your turkey sandwich for lunch, you can at least use mustard instead of mayo. You will save yourself around 50 calories and 10 grams of fat.
3. Skip the butter on your popcorn and instead, sprinkle it with a little salt and a zero calorie sweetener, to get a healthy kettle corn flavor. This tasty snack will save you hundreds of calories over buttered popcorn.
4. Try Greek yogurt as a replacement for sour cream. If you just can’t fathom eating your baked potato without sour cream, try using a plain Greek yogurt instead. You’ll hardly notice the difference in taste, especially considering it is a fourth of the amount of calories as sour cream.
5. Skip the high calorie ice cream for dessert and opt for some fresh strawberries with a zero calorie sweetener sprinkled on top. This will quench your late night sweet tooth without the guilt.
Making smart decisions throughout your day can add up to hundreds of calories, which will eventually add up to lbs lost on the scale!