How to get a beach-approved hairstyle, on or off the sand.
Admit it, we’ve all had dreams of days on the beach soaking up the sun, swimming in the ocean, wearing the perfect swimsuit, and looking like mermaid material. With summer just around the corner, it’s time to start making those dreams a reality!
Whether you live by the ocean or the lake, these beach hairstyles are perfect for long or short, thin or thick hair.
Effortless Beach Waves
The ocean waves are a pleasant and relaxing sight to see and hear, but when it comes to hair, beach waves are a gorgeous and sexy look we all wish we could have naturally. You can purchase a sea salt spray or make your own concoction.
DIY Sea Salt Spray
- Pour 1 cup of hot water into a spray bottle that holds at least 10 ounces.
- Add ½ teaspoon of sea salt, 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel, and a few drops of coconut conditioner (optional).
- Add all ingredients into the spray container and shake for 2 minutes until everything has fully dissolved.
- Store in the fridge until cooled.
- Spray in wet hair and scrunch it for 1 minute. The ingredients will penetrate the hair while it’s drying, giving you the waves.
Don’t forget to bring it along with you to the pool or beach this summer to achieve perfect beach hair.
- No, not the buns you’re probably thinking of, but the stylish messy buns you can create with your hair on those extra hot days. Straight or curly, this hairstyle is easy to do and looks great.
- If straight, tease hair to make it look messy. If curly, brush it out until curls are loose.
- Gather hair into a loose ponytail using your fingers.
- Put it into a bun shape, still keeping it loose, and pinning it until it is able to sit up on its own.
- Tease the roots to give you the beachy relaxed look.
Creating this bun with wet hair will allow you to create beach waves when it's dry and taken down.
If you love braids but don’t want to commit to having all of your gorgeous hair braided up, this hairstyle is perfect for you. This will give you the look of freshly ocean-kissed hair but with a trendsetting twist.
- Part the front of your hair into 3 sections.
- Braid each strand back until your run out of hair.
- Secure them into mini ponytails.
- Use your favorite hairspray to prevent braids falling out.
This hairstyle looks extra-beautiful if you have highlights in your hair.
Straight & Textured
Some of us might have straight hair that refuses to do anything, or we may just love having straight hair for days. Creating the “I just woke up from sunbathing in the sand” look is just as gorgeous as wavy beach hair.
- Shower using shampoo, sans conditioner.
- Spritz hair with sea salt spray that you purchased or created.
- Brush hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- Blow dry with nozzle facing up to give you extra volume. Tease it a bit to make it look messy.
- Once finished, your hair should feel stiff, a little dry to the touch, and look voluminous.
These easy beach hairstyles are great to play with and can help you create effortless, carefree looks. Release your inner-mermaid and look like a total beach babe with out having to take a dip in the ocean.