Ever been envious of that one woman at the office whose makeup looks impeccable all day? A good morning beauty regimen can be the difference between wanting to just avoid the mirror after a long day and barely needing a touch-up for after-work drinks.
Here are four products you need when applying makeup in the morning and where you can find them.
Four Most Important Makeup Products
There are four must-have products to incorporate into your morning beauty regimen, even if you do nothing else.
- Serum: Serums are full of anti-oxidants and vitamins and do everything from moisturizing and brightening skin, to treating dark spots, fine lines, redness or even a lack of firmness. You name it, serums do it. The great thing about using serums in your makeup routine is that they are made to reach deeper into your skin than a moisturizer can, so not only do they treat skin, but they treat it all day.
- Foundation with SPF: Everyone should incorporate a really great foundation into their beauty regimen, but a foundation that can act as a sunscreen is even more important to even the skin tone and protect it from UV rays at the same time.
- 2-in-1 Blush and Lip Color: A bright lip with a bright cheek looks great on everyone. A 2-in-1 blush and lip color gives skin a dewey effect, and it's great because the lips and cheeks will always complement each other.
- Mascara: Even if you use nothing else around your eyes, make sure you use a great mascara in your makeup routine in the morning. It distinguishes the eyes from the rest of your face and even makes them look larger.
Where Can I Find These Products?
Here are some of our favorites for each of these products.
- Full of Grace Solid Facial Serum from LUSH- $14.95
- Boots No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Beauty Serum- $23.99
- Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Face Serum- $65
Foundation with SPF
- Ulta Healthy Wear SPF 50 Power Foundation- $7.49
- Bare Minerals Original Foundation SPF 15- $27.00
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact- $45.00
2-in-1 Blush and Lip Color
- Bite Beauty Lip Rouge- $22.00
- Stila Convertible Color- $25.00
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara- $5.99
- Clinique High Definition Lashes Brush Than Comb Mascara- $16.00
- Diorshow Mascara- $25
What do you think is most important in a morning makeup routine? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!