The food that keeps on giving is a holiday fruit salad.
The holidays are often warmed with cobblers and pies with gooey centers. Although very yummy, sometimes we need to balance out the sweets with fruit. Fruit can be naturally sweet and it doesn’t hurt that it’s just good for you. With this fruit and walnut salad recipe, you can get the best of both worlds by eating the recommended amount of fruit and quenching your sweet tooth.
How to Make a Fruit Walnut Salad with Honey
This fruit walnut salad with honey recipe we have for you is a cooling yet warming delicious treat that can be served on Thanksgiving morning, after Christmas dinner with ice cream, or as a snack on New Years day. It’s perfect for ANY time of day. The walnuts add just enough crunch which can be substituted for your favorite nut if you or your family are not walnut fans. Here’s how to make a crisp fruit walnut salad with honey.
- Walnut halves
- Peel and dice mangoes into small chunks.
- Place into a medium sized mixing bowl or glass dish.
- Peel, core and dice pineapple. If any pineapple juice an be preserved, add into bowl. Add pineapple chunks to bowl.
- Cut strawberries. Add to bowl.
- Cut apples into bite-size pieces. Add to bowl.
- Grab two (or more if you like) handfuls of walnuts and add to bowl.
- Drizzle two teaspoons of honey on top.
- Fold together with a large spoon.
- Cool and serve.
Your fruit walnut salad can be of all of your favorite fruits. Alter this recipe to fit your preference.