There's more sugar lurking in fruit than you think. Find out which fruits have more sugar than others.
We try to avoid things we know blatantly have a lot of sugar: Candy, ice cream and chocolate are among the three we all know we should stay away from when we're dieting. And, in an effort to nix these sweets, they're usually replaced with fruits.
But, what most people don't know is some fruits contain just as much sugar as certain sweets!
Find out which fruits have the most sugar.
Fruits With The Most Sugar
- Red seedless grapes: 1 serving contains 20g of sugar
- Cantaloupe: 1 cup of cubes contains 13g of sugar
- 1 large apple: 23g of sugar
- 1 large banana: 17g of sugar
- 1 large peace: 15g of sugar
- Strawberries: 1 serving is 7g of sugar
Fruit Compared to Candy
- 1 regular Snickers bar: 30g of sugar
- 1 package of 2 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: 20g of sugar
- 1 bag of original Skittles: 47g of sugar
- Take 5 candy bar: 18g of sugar
So, just because some fruits contain the same, or similar sugar, to some candy bars, it doesn't mean you should go back to eating candy for a snack. Obviously, fruit is ALWAYS the better option. There's a big difference between natural sugar in fruit and artificial sugar in candy bars. But, this just goes to show that you should try to limit your intake of certain fruits.
Just keep these numbers in your mind when choosing what to eat.