Wine glasses can be used for more than just drinking wine. Check out this date night idea!
Do something different for your next date with your sweetie... MAKE dessert! Forget about using bowls or fine china. Instead, make dessert simple and sexy by using wine glasses instead. Whether you plan to cook or go out for dinner and a movie, you can end the night with dessert at home using wine glasses.
Here are some cute dessert ideas you can make your sweetie (or that you can make together) using wine glasses.
It Takes Two
Wine glass desserts can be a fun date idea in itself, especially for wine connoisseurs. It takes cooking together a simple step further. You probably already have a cabinet full of wine glasses as it is. So, all you need is a few sweet ingredients. You and your date can create wine glass desserts for each other using each other’s favorite ingredients, but below are a few to get you started.
Ingredients for a Wine Glass Dessert
- Whipped cream
- Ice cream
It's just like making a parfait when you're creating one of these desserts. All you do is take a wine glass and layer the ingredients until you’ve added all the ones you want. Top it off with whipped cream and a cherry! If this is not structured enough for you, take a look at these simple wine glass dessert recipes that call for brownies and cake.
- Make 1 box brownie mix of your choice.
- Make 1 box chocolate instant pudding and pie filling.
- After cooling, cut brownie pan into small square pieces.
- Place brownie pieces in wine glass.
- Next, spread pudding on top.
- Mix together vanilla frosting and whipped topping in a small bowl. Place mixture on top.
- Repeat steps until glass is full. Garnish with walnuts, fresh berries, mint, or a cherry.
- Make 1 box devil’s food cake mix.
- Make 1 box chocolate instant pudding mix.
- After cooling, cut cake into small cubes and place cubes in wine glass.
- Place whipped topping in glass, then pudding.
- Next, layer caramel ice cream topping, toffee bits, and walnuts and/or pecans.
- Repeat steps until glass is full. Garnish with caramel and/or nuts of your choice.
Making wine glass desserts can make for a fun date or end to a fun date. Add candles and soft music to set the mood.
There are so many wine glass desserts you can make: tiramisu, strawberry shortcake, tropical fruit, pumpkin spice, peanut butter brownie, toffee brownie, banana caramel and cream, white chocolate mousse, etc.
You can try your hand at it by yourself or have your honey help you. Either way, it’s sure to be fun to sweeten things up between you two. If you don’t have a sweetie, you can still try this idea with your girlfriends on ladies night.