Summer has officially moved over and made room for fall! With that comes new fashion trends on the runway and pretty falling leaves.But, if you've got the end of summer blues and don't want your time with the great outdoors to end, it doesn't have to! Enjoy the weather while you can before the weather gets too cold. Check out a few things you can do outside in autumn!
Outdoor Activities to Do in the Fall
- Football! One of the greatest things about fall is of course football season. Whether you go to a college game or splurge and go see your favorite pro team, it's a guaranteed unforgettable day.
- Visit the pumpkin patch and take a hayride. These are usually done around Halloween, but hey, you could always go with with your beau for a romantic date night.
- Reading ghost stories is something the whole family can do. Pitch a tent in your backyard and prop up your favorite scary book to read or make up your own tale. Consider bringing a camera for video or photos because the kiddos faces will definitely be priceless.
- Make s'mores: Yum, yum, yum! S'mores are one of the best fall treats! It's a traditional dessert so try a new recipe (like substituting the graham crackers with chocolate chip cookies).
- Plant something! A good thing about the beginning of new seasons like fall is that it can also be a fresh start. Plant your favorite flower or even a tree and watch it grow and flourish through the autumn months. Kick it up a notch and make a bucket list of things you want to do before the plant fully grows.
- Relive your favorite childhood games. This will not only put you in an instantly good mood, but you'll also get some exercise. There are tons of games you can play outside in the fall like freeze tag, red rover, jump rope or my personal favorite... hide-and-seek. It also helps that the weather is a little cooler, so the hot sun isn't beating on your face and you don't have to worry about sweating too much.
- Plan a family or romantic picnic. Who doesn't love those?! Get creative and have one at an outdoor movie or concert. And, of course, bring your favorite foods.
Fall is a great season... not too hot and not too cold. While we'll all miss summer and simply hang on to memories made, autumn is a season of new beginnings!