Quinoa granola bars can be the perfect afternoon healthy snack. It’s main ingredient is quinoa. This superfood is a whole grain from South America that contains both protein and fiber.
- 1 ½ c. Oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- ½ c. Uncooked Alter Eco quinoa
- 1/3 c. Flax seeds
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ c. Dried Fruit
- 1/2c. Crushed Walnuts
- ¼ c. Alter Eco Mascobado Sugar
- 1/8 c. Agave Nectar
- ¼ c. honey
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Alter Eco chocolate bar, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a greased a 9”x9”glass baking pan.
- Rinse quinoa and drain.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, flax seeds, and crushed walnuts.
- Pour mixture into a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Using a frying pan over medium heat, toast the quinoa in the pan until golden brown or until it just starts popping.
- In a medium bowl add dried fruit, mascobado sugar, and cinnamon.
- Once the oat mixture and quinoa have been toasted, add them to the dried fruit mixture.
- Add agave nectar, honey and salt. Mix until everything is coated with the honey and agave.
- Spread mixture evenly in the baking dish, press down firmly and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares. Seal bars in an airtight container.
Share with friends or even freeze the bars for future use!