The “Boy Meets World” TV show spinoff airs at the end of June. Find out what you can expect!
If you grew up in the 90s, then you most likely watched Boy Meets World! Now 14 years later, the spinoff show called Girl Meets World is airing this summer! Excitement is running high as people are patiently anticipating seeing Cory and Topanga back on the big screen again together.
The TV show features them as a married couple and follows the life struggles and discoveries of their children. Will you be tuning in on June 27 to watch Girl Meets World?
What You Can Expect
- The show follows Riley Matthews, Cory and Topanga’s 7th grade daughter and her best friend Maya Hart, who both come from different backgrounds, much like Cory and Shawn.
- Boy Meets World creator Michael Jacobs has also created this new show.
- Cory and Topanga are reprising their roles but other past cast members will make appearances on the show like Cory’s parents, Mr. Feeney, Rider Strong (Shawn) and Cory’s brother Eric Matthews (Will Friedle).
And just to keep us going until the new show airs, here are our fav moments from the original!
Top 10 Moments From Boy Meets World
- Obviously when Cory and Topanga tie the knot in the seventh season. It was the most highly anticipated moment of the show!
- Eric’s unforgettable Feeney calls. From his high school years to his college years, we love the Feeney call!
- Last episode where Cory, Topanga and Eric say goodbye to Mr. Feeney. Emotional, epic and something every young person can relate to!
- Their graduation when Topanga proposes to Cory. Who would have guessed Topanga would be the one to propose?
- The flash back episode where it's years after graduation and we get to see how different their lives would be if they all stopped being friends.
- When Shawn gives his best man speech at Cory and Topanga’s wedding. Cory and Shawn had the best bromance relationship we’ve ever seen on TV. And when he told Topanga that she is now Cory’s best friend, you couldn’t help but tear up!
- The Halloween episode when they are being harassed by an unknown psycho. Not only was it the best Halloween episode in movie history, it was the funniest. One you could watch over and over again.
- When Cory kisses the girl from the ski lodge. All our jaws dropped!
- When Cory and Shawn dress as women. Sure it was hilarious but it also taught us all about sexism, misogyny and gave them a taste on how women feel everyday.
- Mr. Tuner’s motorcycle accident. There was something so special and delicate about his relationship with Shawn.
There will never be another show like Boy Meets World so we can only hope that Girl Meets World is the next chapter in this amazing saga.
What were your favorite moments from Boy Meets World? Will Girl Meets World be able to live up to how influential the original was? Stay tuned for the premiere on June 27 at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT.
Photo Credit: PR Photos