The oh so popular fudge pop gets a much-needed makeover.
Remember the days when you used to indulge in a few fudge pops on a hot summer's day, without feeling the least bit guilty? Oh wait, was this just yesterday? Unfortunately, those chocolate frozen sticks of bliss do nothing beneficial for your health. In fact, they only increase your susceptibility to want to indulge in other frozen sweets, thanks to the fact that they make your blood sugar levels rise and fall far faster than a beach volleyball.
That being said, this does not mean you have to forgo all frozen summer staples. You just have to get creative and make your own... and it can be as easy as mixing four ingredients together!
This faux-Fudgsicle is full of protein, yet is completely free of dairy, wheat, sugar, soy, fruit and eggs!
Do put your eyes back in your head, as I am sure they fell out due to the utter shock that something so delicious could be created from almost no ingredients, because you will want to check out this recipe!
- 1 cup hemp milk* (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 cup vegan protein powder
- 6 tsp sugar-free cocoa syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 drops liquid stevia
- Optional: Flavor extract such as chocolate, vanilla, coffee, etc.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Distribute into ice cube trays, paper cups or push pop molds.
- Freeze** for about an hour, or more.
- Serve up with a little extra chocolate sauce!
And you get these!
*Hemp is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids!
**Keep extra fudge pops the freezer as they will keep for as long as your regular Fudgsicle would!
Photo Credit: Genevieve DuBois