'Tis the season to change up our recipes and continue to make our families aware of healthy, but delicious food choices.
This roasted veggie pizza will rock your supper! Not only does this healthy pizza contain cancer-fighting, heart disease-fighting, and high blood pressure-lowering ingredients (to name just a few), but your family will devour it!
Many of us remember those days when that pile of peas or brussel sprouts sat untouched on our plates with our parents glaring in consternation. But it doesn't have to be that way. We can show our kids how to eat vegetables and like them! Here is the recipe. We challenge you to try it!
Healthy Veggie Roasted Pizza Recipe to Die For!
- 1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini to your preference
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion, sliced and caramlized
- 5.5 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. yellow cornmeal
- 4 oz. (or 1 cup) of low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce or paste
- 1/3 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- Crushed basil leaves
- Thinly sliced eggplant, fried
- Preheat oven at 500 degrees and place a pizza stone on the lowest rack setting in the oven.
- Take refrigerated dough and let it thaw, covered for a half hour.
- Mix together vegetables and drizzle with 1.5 tbsp. olive oil. Toss all together.
- Place veggies on a pan and bake 15 minutes at 500 degrees.
- Flatten dough and line a baking sheet (slightly floured) with cornmeal.
- Roll dough onto a baking sheet (preferably circular).
- Brush olive oil (1 tsp.) over pizza dough and spread tomato sauce on dough. Add mozzarella with red pepper over veggie mixture and place tablespoonfuls of ricotta over top.
- Ease pizza onto oven-heated pizza stone and bake for 11-15 minutes or until crust golden brown.
- Top with shredded basil leaves.
What's great about this veggie roasted pizza recipe is that it incorporates ricotta cheese. And remember, all ingredients are subject to your liking and preferences. Enjoy!