Oatmeal cookies are a classic wintertime snack. While you might be used to having them with a glass of milk, we decided to mix it up a little. Here are some of the best treats to pair with this oatmeal cookie recipe, from drinks to desserts.
If you’re looking for a drink to go with cookies for book club or an afternoon with friends, look no further than the Bourbon Cider. Mix 1 part bourbon with 3 parts cider. If you prefer this drink warm, add a cinnamon stick for extra flavor.
Salted Caramel or Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream
For an all-out treat fest, we recommend pairing these cookies with a pumpkin-flavored or salty ice cream. Try a scoop or two of salted caramel or pumpkin cheesecake with a few oatmeal cookies on top. Drizzle with caramel syrup and whipped cream.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
For classic cold-weather drinks, try a peppermint hot chocolate with cookies fresh out of the oven. More non-traditional drink combinations include ginger tea or a hot chai latte. Enjoy one or two of these pairings or try them all; winter hasn’t even officially started yet.
Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add oats and raisins (if desired) and stir well.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Wait until completely cooled to store.