Cook your family a delicious fall meal that is warming and satisfying.
Chicken Parmesan is a great meal that your entire family will love and it’s all made in a slow cooker so it can cook while you work and take care of a busy schedule with your kids. This chicken parm recipe will serve four people so your whole family will be full. Otherwise, cut the recipe in half for a cozy evening meal for two!
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- ½ cup of Italian cheese blend, shredded
- Penne pasta
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg.
- In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip your chicken into the egg and then coat the chicken with the dry mixture. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the jar of marinara sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Sprinkle the Italian cheese blend over the top of the cooked chicken and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, cook your desired amount of pasta, drain and place on a plate.
- Top with chicken.