Be all natural and make your own face masks using ingredients from your kitchen!
Have you ever bought a facemask from a beauty store, looked at the ingredients and realized you couldn’t pronounce any of the words, except water? Using ingredients from your kitchen, you can make all natural facemasks that are cheaper and better for your skin! This is also a fun project for you and your daughters or you and your friends to do together. They also make a great gift!
Read on to discover some of the best kept secrets for making homemade face masks. You’d be surprised at how many of these ingredients you have lying around your kitchen! Have you ever made homemade facemasks before? What’s your favorite super ingred6ient?
Oatmeal Isn’t Just for Breakfast
An oatmeal facemask isn’t just perfect for your face but also for your hands and cuticles! It’s a triple fierce mixture!
What You’ll Need:
- Rolled oats
- Plain yogurt
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Mason jar or any other jar for proper keeping
- The amount of ingredients you use, depends on how much you want to make. Mix all three ingredients in a bowl. For the honey, just use a little teaspoon. Too much, you’ll be all sticky! Pour in a mason jar or another jar and place in the fridge.
- Once it’s a little cool, apply to face and relax with your oatmeal facemask in paradise for 15-20 minutes.
- Simply remove with warm water.
- Keep the oatmeal facemask in the fridge since it contains yogurt.
Your Skin Drives Me Bananas
Bananas naturally moisturize the skin and will leave your face feeling soft and smooth. For this, the only ingredient you need is bananas! Simply mash up in a bowl, apply to face and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. You could also add a little plain yogurt and honey to this mixture for an extra intense facemask experience.
Milk Makes Your Skin Feel like Silk
This facemask will actually dry to a hardened treatment. Simply mix 1/4 cup of powdered milk and water until you have a thick paste. Apply to face. Rinse with warm water when it has hardened. Follow up using a face cream with a milk base to really reap the benefits of milky softness.
Lemons Are a Super Food
Lemons are fantastic for inside your body and outside.
What You’ll Need:
- Olive Oil
- Vanilla essential oil
- Bowl and spoon
- Squeeze two lemons into a bowl.
- Add a couple drops of vanilla essential oil. You could use any essential oil. We just love vanilla!
- Pour in olive oil and mix.
- Apply to face. This is a hydrating facemask perfect for those dry winter months. Rinse off, wipe off any leftover oils and you’re ready to go!