Easy DIY lime room scents that engulf your home with refreshing aromas!
Store-bought air fresheners have many toxins in them. A common toxin found in many store-bought room scents is phthalate esters. Can you even pronounce that? They also contain many other toxic ingredients that you definitely don't need in the home. Follow our photo step-by-step tutorial on making homemade lime air fresheners that are frugal and safe for you and your family!
These also make a great gift, especially for people with asthma or people sensitive to strong odors. All you need is water, limes and some herbs. Doesn’t get more natural than that!
Lime, Thyme, Mint and Vanilla Room Scents
What You’ll Need
- Mason jar
- 3 limes
- Clear imitation vanilla
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh mint
- Fill your Mason jar halfway with water.
- Slice up your limes and drop into the Mason jar.
- Artfully place sprigs of fresh thyme and mint in the Mason jar.
- Pour 2-3 teaspoons of clear imitation vanilla into the mixture. Use more or less, depending on how strong you want the vanilla scent to be.
- Add more water to fill your mixture to the rim.
Next, you can either open the lid and keep your new homemade lime room scent in any room of your house or you can pour the contents into a pot and simmer on low. The smell will immediately consume your home! Keep an eye on it and keep adding water, as it will evaporate. Or simply place in your kitchen in front of a window for a lovely decoration!
Photo Credit: April Barkley