Do you love a cookie that has that warm, ooey-gooey center with a light, brown crunch on the outside? Well these homemade peanut butter cookies can deliver that indulgent experience for your tastebuds! They are super easy to make and don’t involve many ingredients. Gather up your materials and maybe some little helpers, and you and your kids will have a tasty cookie made from scratch!
- 1-¼ cups of flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter (soft) and peanut butter until nice and creamy.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix well.
- Then beat egg into the mixture.
- Next mix in the baking soda and flour.
- Spray a cookie sheet and drop mixture by spoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- Flatten with a fork and then crisscross the top of the cookies with the fork for that classic checkered pattern.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
You can make larger cookies and bake for a little longer or make mini cookies that your kids can easily munch on and just bake slightly less. When you peek in that oven and see that light, golden brown around the edges, they’re ready to go! Let cool and enjoy!