Here's a healthy pancake recipe that only takes a few ingredients to make!
I don’t know anyone who says they don’t like pancakes. However, us health-conscious women will say we avoid eating them because they’re “fattening.” Trust me, I know how you operate. I’m sure you’ve seen these protein pancake recipes floating around online, but are too afraid to try them. Well, I tested out a protein pancake recipe of my own and added my own flare. It’s super simple! Check it out.
Recipe for Protein Pancakes
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 Banana
- 2 Eggs
- Peanut butter
- Baking soda
- Optional: chocolate protein powder
1. Mix together your eggs, yogurt, and oats in a bowl using a whisk, or whatever is easiest for you.
2. Mash the banana, then whisk that in. If you want to add the protein powder, you can add that now.
3. Add peanut butter and baking soda then mix.
4. Cook using a griddle or skillet on the stove. I’m one of those people who likes to “wing it,” so I can’t really suggest how long to cook. You just need to keep an eye on them! I took them off after both sides looked a little brown.
5. Once they’re cooked, add a couple banana slices on top for decoration if you’d like.
Easy on the syrup! That’s where your calories can easily add up! Enjoy!