Be creative and make your own Valentine’s Day cards this year!
This Valentine’s Day, make homemade Valentine’s Day cards for your friends, family, hubby or make some with your kids! It’s a great holiday to be creative and you will have no problem finding fun stickers, paper, or even candy for your cards.
Looking for some ideas for your homemade Valentine’s Day cards? We’ve got some great ideas that are fun, fast and only take a few items to create!
Create a homemade Valentine’s Day card with just a few ingredients you can find lying around your house! Need to get rid of some of those unused birthday candles? Try these Valentine craft ideas! Get your kids involved and make cards for their friends at school, teachers, grandma, or grandpa!
Homemade Valentine’s Day Card Ideas
For Friends and Family
- Light pink construction paper (or any color or design you desire)
- Glue gun
- 3 birthday candles (any color you want)
- Yellow marker and black marker
- Fold the pink construction paper in half, creating a greeting card.
- Plug in your glue gun.
- Apply a small ball of glue at the top and bottom of the back of your candles.
- Apply next to each other at the top of the card and let dry.
- Once dry, using the yellow marker, draw little yellow flames above each candle.
- With your black marker, write underneath the candles: “You Light Up My Life.”
- On the inside, write any message you want to your friends or family.
This is a fun and easy Valentine’s Day card for kids to make together!
- Red construction paper (or any color or designed paper you want)
- Black marker
- Hole punch
- Red ribbon or string
- Piece of candy
- Draw a heart on the construction paper using your pencil and cut it out.
- Then erase any visible lines.
- Next, using the hole punch, punch two holes near the top of the heart.
- Insert your ribbon or string through the holes and tie a knot.
- Use your hole punch again to punch a hole through the top of the wrapper of your chosen candy and slide it onto the ribbon or string and tie a bow.
- Use your black marker to write any Valentine’s Day message you want!
Messages For Your Partner
- Go sappy and write him a poem about how much you love him.
- Alternate the pen color you use for each line to really give it a little something.
- Go sexy with a sexy picture of yourself inside. So when he opens the card, he will get a little surprise! You don’t have to be full on nude! Get creative. Sexy doesn’t have to mean revealing.
- Get creative and offer a few handmade coupons inside like free backrubs.
If you're looking to save some money this Valentine's Day, making your own card is the way to go. Make sure to snap a photo of your homemade card this year and tag us on Twitter!