The cheesiest appetizer for holidays or parties! These golden brown, cheesy appetizers are easy to make and easy to store. You can just keep them frozen in a plastic bag in your freezer until you’re ready to munch! They also make a quick snack for your hungry kids after school.
Make them ahead of time, keep frozen and then when ready, warm up and indulge in the cheesy goodness! Make a bunch of these- they will go fast!
- 3 loaves of thin white bread
- 1 pound of butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 small jars of old English cheese
- Dash of cayenne
- In a bowl, mix together your soft butter, hot sauce, onion powder, dill weed, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and scoop out the cheese from all four jars and mix well.
- Trim the crust off the bread.
- Spread mixture on one side of each slice of bread and layer three slices together.
- Cut into fourths and place on baking sheeting.
- Place baking sheets of cheese squares into freezer until firm.
- Transfer all cheese squares to large plastic bags and freeze.
- Cheese squares must be baked from a frozen state. When frozen, bake 15-20 minutes in oven at 350 degrees until golden brown.
The spreading and slicing of the crust can be time-consuming so make this appetizer the night before your big party or holiday so they’ll be frozen and ready to go the next day!
Photo Credit: April Schallau