Our pets sometimes have accidents no matter how well potty trained they are. If they go potty on the carpet, don’t fret! There are a few easy solutions to getting rid of stubborn pet stains.
- Dab the stain first. Don’t rub the stain. Doing that will make it set into the carpet and spread.
- Use a foaming carpet cleaner. A thick foam will really soak up the stain. Spray on the area and around the stain
- Let it sit for 5 minutes and dab it again with a towel or paper towel. If needed, spray the area again. Continue to dab.
- Use a scrub brush and scrub the stain out of the carpet.
- Rinse it with soap and cold water.
- Mix baking soda and cold water until it becomes a thick paste.
- Scoop with a spoon and put paste over the stain. Mush it into the stain and let it sit overnight.
- Vacuum up the paste, which will be a dry powder.
- Use a spray carpet cleaner and dab up the rest.
- Dab the stain with a towel.
- Pour vinegar on the stain and dab.
- Continue this method until stain disappears and rinse with soapy water.
- Vinegar will also eliminate the smell of the pet stain.
Pet Stain Cleaners
You can go into any convenient store and buy stain removers specifically for pets. Find one that also eliminates odors and follow the directions on the bottle. Remember to attack the stain as soon as it happens to ensure full removal.
Getting rid of pet stains on your carpet can be time consuming but following these pet stain removal tips will make your carpet look brand new! Your furry friend didn’t mean it!