Let’s talk how to get what you want from your partner.
Are you unhappy within your relationship or are happy but just not getting what you want? What if we told you there was a way for you to get what you want from your partner? It may seem like something that would draw blood, but it's not. The way to get what you want from your partner is to follow these points. You have to start with you first and figure out what it is you want before you can express it your partner Here are eight tips on how to get what you want from your partner.
8 Tips for Communicating With Your Partner
- Figure out what you want and write it down.
- Sit your partner down and tell them what you want.
- Be specific. You may want your partner to be romantic, so give examples of what that looks like: getting flowers.
- Set a date, time, and timeframe to talk about your wants.
- Turn the negatives into positives. Say, “Honey, I love you, but here’s what we make me love you even more...”
- Ask what can you do to help.
- Help your partner help you.
- Listen to what your partner says and listen to what your partner does.
The only way to fix a problem is to find a solution. Your solution for getting what you want is all here. But, you have to be willing to work on some things yourself: listen, help, and be patient for things to come around.