Make acorns that are good enough to eat.
During the fall and winter, your kids may spend more time on the inside than outside. So, here is a fun and simple idea to make acorn cookies to decorate your holiday-inspired table. If you are still wondering how, here is the simple recipe for acorn cookies.
How to Make Acorn Cookies
- Round peanut butter cookies
- Mini chocolate chips
- Large chocolate chips
- Vanilla or butter cream frosting
- Take one of the peanut butter cookies and a small amount of frosting to coat just the top of it.
- Add a big chocolate chip or drop on top of the frosting.
- Turn the cookie over in your hand.
- Take a small chocolate chip and dip it into the frosting and add it to the bottom, center of the cookie.
Now you have an acorn that is good enough to eat. If you want to decorate your holiday treat trays or holiday-themed table with gingerbread cookies, shortbread cookies and eggnog cookies, acorn cookies are nice addition. Add them as a special way to include the outside on the inside.