Hosting a party soon? We’ve got a fab idea for the dessert table!
What’s one thing every teenager girl loves? Nail polish! If your daughter will be having a birthday party this weekend, you’ll probably be in need of some fun dessert table ideas. How about making homemade edible nail polishes? It only takes a few ingredients and they turn out so adorable, you will feel bad eating them! Check out our step-by-step photo tutorial for this girly dessert idea!
- Red food coloring, so you can make red and pink nail polishes (the best colors!)
- Marshmallows (the larger size, not the ones for hot cocoa)
- Tootsie Rolls
- Large Bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Optional: Black gel writing icing (comes in a thin tube for easy writing)
- Fill a large bowl with enough cool water so that you can submerge the marshmallows.
- If you want to make pink nail polishes, squirt just a few drops of red food coloring into the water and mix. If you want them red, add a few more. You can test a few so you can get the perfect color you desire.
- Once the water and dye have been mixed, drop a marshmallow into the bowl and using a tong, submerge the marshmallow into the dyed water for no more than 5 seconds. You know what happens to marshmallows if they get too wet! They’ll get mushy and sticky so don’t leave them in the water too long.
- Place the marshmallow on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Continue this until you have the desired amount of dyed marshmallows.
- While the marshmallows are still wet, place a Tootsie Roll on top. Having a wet marshmallow will help the Tootsie Roll to stay in place. It acts as glue. And voila! You have your nail polish cap!
- Let the marshmallows dry overnight. You can place the marshmallows in the fridge for 20-30 minutes for a faster drying time. Make sure to cover them, otherwise, they will be hard in the morning.
- Optional: Using the black gel icing, you can write your daughter’s name or her initials to really give it some personality!
Have you ever seen a cuter dessert idea?! Your daughter or friends will adore this simple, yummy, and girly birthday party dessert idea!