Bring your extended family together for the holidays!
Knowing how to plan a family holiday can make the season bright. If you want a big family holiday party for your entire family to enjoy, you will need a variety of family holiday ideas. You may find some of the best ideas by checking online to see what others have done and morph it into your own special moment. An extended family holiday can end up being the best memory or the worst--your family members will remember it for the rest of their lives, so planning is important.
1. Create a Memorable Holiday for Your Whole Family
If you want to maximize memorable extended family holiday moments, make sure you know how to plan a family holiday to get the most out of it. Family holiday ideas are often passed down from friends, family and sometimes the internet. Often times, hearing or seeing other people’s ideas can trigger you to spawn a new idea that you may have never thought of without the help of idea sharing from different resources. Additionally, the family itself can be a great resource. Talk to everyone and see what things really interest them.
2. Plan Activities for the Big Event!
A big family holiday party is a great way to make any extended family holiday gathering a great time for everyone. There are many family holiday ideas that a person can use to make the most of their time spent with friends and family. Games and gift exchanges are a great way to get people to interact with each other and start some worthwhile conversations, which is important for family bonding. Location is also something that should be planned out beforehand. The environment will often set the mood and determine the way that people act.
Figuring out how to plan a family holiday perfectly doesn’t mean that you have to spend all of your time planning it. The whole process can be overwhelming if you let it get to you, so the best trick is to try and have as much fun with it as possible. Have a few basic games and a gift exchange or other activities to pass some time, especially if your guests will be waiting on dinner.
You may ask yourself how to plan a family holiday that people will remember and the answer is actually quite easy. What a lot of individuals do is take past experiences from friends and family and what they find on the internet to start out. From there, they often take the best activities and morph it into their own personalized family holiday ideas.
Some classic examples are the following:
- Two Truths and a Lie: Each family member tells 3 things about themselves. 2 of them are true and the other is a lie. Everyone tries to figure out which is which.
- Snowman Contest: Each family group has an hour to make the best, most creative snowman possible. Have a box of craft supplies and old clothes for the teams to use a props. Let grandma and grandpa judge the competition and declare the winner.
- Family News: Have the kids from each family pretend to be news anchors and present the "family news" by telling stories of important family events from the last year.
- When I Was Young: Gather the kids around and have each adult tell a story about a favorite childhood holiday.
- $1 Gift Exchange: Have a gift exchange with a price limit of $1 (you can adjust the amount but don't go over $5). See what funny and creative things people come up with.
- Favorite Food Dinner: Create an easy potluck dinner by having each family bring a sample of their favorite meal.
When it comes down to it, your family will enjoy anything you plan... because really, it's about spending time together as a family.