We're got some easy steps for removing wallpaper yourself.
The use of wallpaper as a great home remodel idea is slowly gaining in popularity once again. You are probably thinking about using new wallpaper in your own home but, you first must get rid of the old paper. The good news is that you will not have to simply paint over that old paper because there are ways that you can remove the old wallpaper.
Preparing To Strip Old Wallpaper
It is easy to learn how to remove the old wallpaper and replace it with new and still not worry about worrying about damaging the wall underneath.
- To begin this process, you need to first prepare the walls by spraying the old wallpaper with water and allow the water absorb into the paper.
- Once the water has had time to loosen the glue, you can begin by scraping the paper from the edge using a plastic scraper that will not damage your walls in any way. You need to be sure that you begin at the bottom of the wall and work your way up also, be sure to wipe off any drips right away.
If you find that this first attempt does not work on removing the removing the old wallpaper there are other techniques that you can try. One of the most popular methods would be to use a clothes steamer if you happen to own one.
Tips for Removing Old Wallpaper Naturally
- When using this process to strip old wallpaper, you need to be sure that you only work in small areas at a time.
- First loosen the paper than lightly scrape it with the plastic scraper.
- If you find that you are facing some stubborn wallpaper glue you may have to dampen your paper with white vinegar. This is one of the best solvents to use when you are attempting to remove wallpaper glue and it has proven to be quite effective.
Wall Paper Remover
Finally, if you find that all the above methods have failed, you may have to resort to using a commercial wallpaper remover. However, you need to be sure that you follow all directions for stripping old paper off the wall on the package carefully. The enzymes that are contained within these products will actually dissolve the wallpaper glue and, as a result, make the wallpaper removal process simple and easy.
With any of these methods above you need to be sure that you begin at the bottom of the wall and wipe up any drips or spills immediately. If you fail to do this, it will result in either soiled or stained walls which is something that you do not want.
Wallpaper is finally back in style after being in the back row for several years. If you are looking at updating your old wallpaper you will first need to know how to remove the old wallpaper first. All the above methods of stripping wallpaper have proven to be very effective in helping you achieve this goal.
So, why not give one of these great solutions a try? Remember though, always start from the bottom and work your way up.