Jillian Michaels, whether you love her or not so much, has helped get America in shape. The former Biggest Loser drill sergeant shares tips on how to keep your body looking good no matter your age and has some good suggestions on getting and keeping a flat belly.
In order to stay motivated to live a healthy lifestyle, outside appearances are not the end-all be-all. A person has to look inward, Michaels says. We need to ask ourselves why we really want to be in good shape and how will our lives improve all around.
Jillian Michaels shares information on how to lose belly fat and reveals four obstacles that can get in the way of having a flat tummy. All involve lack of sleep, stress, excessive amounts of dairy and poor abdominal exercise equipment. In addition, too much alcohol will make you store unwanted belly fat.
Jillian Michaels Diet Secrets
- The key to losing unwanted belly fat is to monitor and watch your stress levels. When we are stressed or do not get enough sleep our cortisol levels increase, releasing the "fight or flight: hormone," and sending our bodies into fat-storage mode. In addition, metabolism slows, helping those calories to be stored as fat more easily. The way to counteract this, she says, is to eat foods that have a high fiber content and that you can eliminate regularly. Dairy can mess with your digestive system and subsequently cause unwanted belly bloat.
- Be wary of ab machines. Many machines hurt your back if you over train or work with the wrong one. Plus, you can add bulk if you are using the wrong abdominal equipment.
Nutritional Tips from Jillian Michaels
- BREAKFAST: For breakfast, choose organic yogurt and fresh fruits. You should never eat anything high in salt. Yogurt stimulates digestion while anything salty, such as sausage or bacon will give you belly bloat.
- LUNCH: Lunch time should include vegetables and fish. The veggies contain a lot of water but are still bulky, filling you up, yet you flush out the water, making your tummy flatter. And stay away from those tasty, but ever so tempting french fries. They are covered with salt having been saturated with oil, making you retain water.
- DINNER: Good choices for a healthy dinner are vegetables along with grilled chicken. Avoid pizza, which is high in fat and salt.