Save Money When Picking A Gym
Most of us at one time or another have desired to lose weight and get in shape. Remember those New Year's resolutions? But when we are on a budget, joining a gym can put a stress on finances and consequently seems like a lost cause. There are ways to make smart choices in choosing a gym for less, as Andrea Metcalf explains. Five important factors are key when selecting a gym to fit our needs. We want to make sure if we are spending the money that we will use it! Considerations include hours, proximity, and initiation fees to name a few. When these considerations can come into balance, we win in more ways than one; physically, emotionally and financially!
How to Join A Gym and Save Money
- Shop around and compare prices. Some gyms have an initiation fee that can be waived, especially at the end of the month when health clubs have to meet sales quotas.
- Take the time to read the fine print. As a result, there will be no misunderstandings about how long the membership is and what the cancellation policy entails.
- Consider proximity when choosing a gym. We all lead busy lives so convenience and gas money matters.
- Review the hours of operation and see if they fit your schedule. If the hours do not mesh with your schedule, you will not use the membership.
- When all else fails, work out at home. Purchase DVD's free weights and an exercise ball. You can turn a little area of your house into your own personal gym at minimal price.