This fast chicken recipe will have your family eating in less than an hour!
What better combination is there than lemon, basil, and grilled chicken? It's a hard one to beat, and we're combining all three in this delicious Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken recipe! Paired with potatoes and a green salad, this is another great way to make chicken for your next family dinner.
- 6 (3-1/2 to 4-ounce) boneless & skinless chicken breasts (excess fat trimmed)
- 1 tsp of freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of finely minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil leaves
- Lightly pound the chicken to an even 3/4 thickness. Then pat the chicken dry using paper towels and place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Combine the lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oil and basil in a small bowl. Whisk them until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, sealing the bag and turning over to coat chicken thoroughly.
- Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat or about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the bag (with leftover marinade).
- Grill for 4-6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with additional basil, if desired.
Recipe note: Add a few extra thick lemon slices or wedges to the grill with chicken to use as a garnish or to squeeze for extra lemon flavor.