Chef Markus Ford transforms a baked potato into a hearty soup. Perfect for a fall get-together or a cold winter night, this creamy and delicious soup is sure to please guests and family alike.
- 8 ounces (1/2 of a 1-pound package) bacon, diced (about 8 strips)
- 1 pound russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carton (26.1 ounces) Swanson® Cream Starter Traditional or Swanson® Cream Starter 25% Reduced Fat
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions or fresh chives, chopped
- Cook the bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat until crisp, stirring often. Remove the bacon from the saucepan and drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add the potatoes and onion to the saucepan, season with salt and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cream starter and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half the bacon and half the cheese. Top with the remaining bacon, remaining cheese and the green onions before serving.
Recommended for you
More articles you may like