You don't have to be skinny. You just need to be healthy!
These days there is skinny everything: skinny jeans skinny cocktails skinny yogurt skinny, skinny, skinny... But who really wants to be skinny?
It used to be that you could never be too skinny or too rich, but when you die, you don’t get a discount for a smaller casket nor can you take the money with you so WHAT’S UP WITH SKINNY obsessions?
I have to put an end to wanting to be skinny and start taking back my body image to a fit, healthy, powerful, strong position. As women, we are critical when we step in front of the mirror. We look at the shapes, rolls, bulges, and other thicknesses that we notice but others don’t see when they look at us walk by.... unless of course, they don’t know us.
But seriously, I even find myself doubting my body confidence although I’m easily a size 6. So how can we all stop obsessing about skinny and get back to what matters... our health and dreams!
Stop defeating our success by focussing on the skinny dream that doesn’t matter. Here are five mantras you should memorize, post on your twitter page, share on your facebook feeds and tell yourself each morning. They are helping us shape our followers, daughters and friends into a more healthy mindset and body!
5 Healthy Thoughts to Live By
- Change what you can and know what you can’t. Skipping breakfast is something you can change. The size of your rib cage is something you can’t. Seize your opportunities and make priorities on what changes you can make each day.
- Take it one day at a time. Life really is too short to worry about yesterday. Take the day ahead of you and look where you can do to make yourself your best self and reach your potential. Each day brings us closer to realizing our dreams if we make it happen.
- Whether you believe you can or cannot, you are right. The only one who can change your mindset and future is you. You can’t wait for it to happen. You have to take your passion, make a plan, and put it into to action. If you don't believe that you will be discovered like Marilyn Monroe or the next American Idol, you better sit back down in front of the t.v. and become a potato.
- It takes more energy to frown than to smile. Being optimistic is much better than seeing the glass half empty. People who are optimistic live longer and are more likely to succeed. So smile and spread your good energy as it will come back double when you need it the most.
- Give credit where credit is due. Take a moment each day to be grateful for your blessings. These add up and if you just write down one of those blessings each day for 30 days in a row, you will see how wonderful your life is even without skinny!
Let's empower our girls with health. What are your mantras to be your best, powerful self? Let me know at Andrea Metcalf.