There’s no reason why you have to slack during the holidays.
If you want to stick to your plan and eat smart while hosting your annual Christmas party, there no reason why you can’t. One sure way to feed your healthy bones is to serve appetizers and refreshments instead of a full course meal. If you are planning to go all out with your dinner menu, try these low fat and low calorie appetizer ideas. Here are 10 low fat and low calorie holiday appetizer ideas to keep you on top of your game.
Holiday Appetizer Ideas
- Grilled shrimp skewers on a bed of lettuce
- Cucumber and salmon dip
- Blue cheese yogurt and dried fruit spread with veggie sticks
- Cucumber smoked salmon and chive boats
- Spinach stuffed mushrooms
- Red pepper, walnut dip
- Avocado lime dip with veggie sticks
- Avocado and salmon bruschetta
Avocado Lime Dip Recipe
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbls. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Peel and pit the avocado and have a food processor ready.
- Add the lime juice, garlic, and hot sauce to avocado and put it in the food processor.
- Mix it until smooth then add salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!
What will you be adding to your appetizer menu for the holidays?