Scalloped potatoes are a comfort dish that everyone loves. Potatoes are thinly sliced, seasoned, and baked in a creamy sauce. Who wouldn't love these? There is a thought with cooking that when you make dishes that are low in fat, you’re giving up on the flavor. For this dish, we wanted that same amazing taste but with less calories.
The secret to making homemade scalloped potatoes is slicing the potatoes very thin. Use a mandolin to get the potatoes sliced nice and thin. You can use a good sharp knife, both will do. Lightly seasoning the layers of potatoes with a very light sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper makes these even better.
Low Fat Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound Russet potatoes
- Non-stick spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (26.1 ounces) box Swanson Low Fat Swanson Cream Starter
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash potatoes, if desired peel potatoes before slicing.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Layer potatoes into baking dish, overlapping each slice over the previous one.
- When the bottom of the pan is covered, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Continue layers until all of the potatoes are in the pan.
- Pour Low Fat Swanson Cream StarterTM over the potatoes.
- Bake potatoes for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on potatoes and bake until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
For more food tips and recipe, please visit www.Copykat.com.