Recreate the flavor and convenience of those delicious little fruit roll snacks at home for just pennies with this delicious 2 ingredient recipe that you can make at home!
Homemade Foot-Long Fruit Snacks
- 1 Jar unsweetened Applesauce (store brand is perfect)
- 1 pkg Gelatin, any flavor you like
- In a large bowl, combine the gelatin and the applesauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture onto a large baking sheet that has been lined with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the tray in the oven that has been set on the lowest setting possible, (usually 200F) and bake for 5-8 hours. Test periodically after 4 hours by touching the top of the fruit. If it is tacky to the touch, return to the oven.
- Once the fruit is thoroughly dried, remove from the oven and cut into strips. Leave the parchment paper in place, this is removed as the fruit roll is eaten to prevent mess-free snacking!
- 1 Jar store-brand applesauce: $2.00
- 1 pkg store-brand gelatin: .33
- Total cost: $2.33!
Create multiple varying flavors by spreading a layer of one flavor on the parchment paper, then adding 'drops' of other flavors. The recipe below is Berry Blue with bursts of Strawberry!
For more delicious, dirt cheap, and frugal recipes, visit www.Budget101.com