Andrew Harrison of the Kentucky Wildcats shoots ball against the Arkansas Razorbacks in SEC Basketball Tournament championship game on March 15, 2015 in Nashville, Tenn. (Photo Credit: Getty)
March Madness is here! With it comes surprising pairings for the first round of NCAA basketball games. Predictions are being made for the outcome, bets are being taken and players are preparing to face off in a competition testing coordination and skill. Check out the first round draft picks right here!
The 2015 NCAA Basketball Tournament starts Thursday as play-in games are Tuesday and Wednesday. If you want to enter a bracket in a serious competition or just have some fun with friends, make sure yours is perfected before then.
Overall, Kentucky is the No. 1 seed after going 34-0 in tier regular season. Villanova claims the No. 1 seed in the East, Duke is the No. 1 seed in the South, and Wisconsin is the No. 1 seed in the West.
If you're struggling to fill out this season's March Madness bracket, check out this list of quick tips:
1. A No. 16 seed is not going to upset a No. 1 seed. Don't even try.
2. Pick a No. 12 seed over a No. 5 seed. Upsets are pretty common in this tournament.
3. Find a sleeper team and root for them to advance to the next round.
4. Don't justify excluding teams from advancing to the next round because of past tournament performance.
5. Just because Kentucky is No. 1, doesn't mean they are going to win it all.
Overall, this March Madness tournament is set to be a great one full of exciting match ups and thrilling coaching calls. Share your bracket picks with us @womensforum!