Invite Grandma Over for a Movie Night! But What to Watch?
Mature or older women enjoy classic movie greats that evoke sentiment and nostolgia. But don't underestimate a good dose of laughter that puts a smile across their face. Any movie that returns them to the yesteryears of their youth,which they fondly remember, are movies elderly women will love. If your grandmother is a trendy hip-hop break-them-down type she may just love the latest new movie Obsessed featuring Beyonce and Ali Larter that has some serious up-to-the-minute action happening.
Or she may also enjoy a sci-fi thriller like Aliens or Predator. But for safe bets here is a list of movies grandma will like for sure.
Mature Women Movies for All to Enjoy
Favorite mature women movies include the romance, drama, comedy and musical genres as well as real life or historical pieces. Older women may have a slightly different taste than those of a younger generation when it comes to movies. Sure they still like plenty of action, romance and a good laugh or cry but generally if you are planning to take your mom or grandma to the movies, pick something that she will be able to enjoy. Something with an ending. Contemporary movies are notorious for lack of endings. But then again. Know your lady and her tastes. Every woman is different.
Most mature women movies that make the top ranks are classics. Chances are that your older female friend or family member will enjoy these great classics even if they have seen them a million times before.
- Casablanca: A 1942 timeless classic starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman that still wows audiences today. This masterpiece is about a man who helps his long lost love to escape from the Nazis.
- Tea with Mussolini: Another World War ll warmly inviting classic depicting a time of social unrest and, of course... afternoon tea. Pre-war Florence, Italy is the perfect place for any proper British woman relishing culture and the arts. These ladies thought that they were safe as they even had the promise from Mussolini himself that nothing would compromise their lifestyle. But of course he didn't keep his word, did he!
- The Phantom of the Opera: Andrew Lloyd Webber's blockbuster stage musical stunningly made in to a movie tells the story of a disfigured musical genius. Starring Gerard Butler as the infamous disfigured phantom and and Emmy Rossum as the lovely Christine. This movie is definitely a favorite with women of all ages.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's: The 1961 classic romantic comedy starring Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard is another mature woman's all time favorite. Why? This film beautifully exemplifies the chic style of the times through Audrey Hepburn's flighty charm and svelte beauty in this romantic film.
- The Sound of Music: This 60's classic based upon World War II events and a true story will leave you all with tears and hope. Julie Andrews is an actress that crosses all borders with her fab voice and un-nun-like charms.
Movies! Why do we love them so? Perhaps it is because as we watch a story unfolds we reminisce or imagine a life we wish we could have or, appreciate that we are not living! No matter the reason for watching one thing's for certain, no matter what the genre, if you enjoy it, so be it. That's why we have so many different fabulous mature women movies to choose from.